In the world of marketing there are many terms and processes that the vast majority of people are unaware of. This field of work has been transformed, over time, to become what it is today: a way of combining aspects of psychology with the sale of products and services. Of course, this would not be possible without a well-defined and established schedule of activities.
The fact is that there is something particular that can help boost the sale of any product or service, even if the company’s resources are not that extensive. Today we will talk about the “want” in the marketing aspect.
Throughout this article you will learn key points such as identifying the needs of a potential client, as well as the creation of buyer persona and how to make a good persuasive copy.
What does consumer demand refer to in marketing?
We can define this as any need that a human or person has to meet their basic, general and specific needs. This means that every product and service that is linked to the need of a personcan be converted into consumer demand.
Of course, in theory it sounds easy to say, but this will depend entirely on how persuasive is the advertising used by a company or brand to generate that need. The best strategies are those that create a need for something that the person does not need and thinks that they do require it in their life.
Regarding consumer demand, it is generated in different ways, since not all countries or their cultures are the same. Therefore, the desires that a person in China may have are completely different from those that a Latino will have. In this case, two marketing and advertising strategies for two completely different communities in terms of consumption.
Now, it is important to keep in mind some characteristics that perfectly define the demand of the consumer in this regard. Among these, we can mention the following:
- The marketing department of a company usually makes a study of the current demand in order to give it an adequate price and some profit margin can be perceived.
- People who belong to a society usually have trends to buy the most popular or more consumed in a region.
- It’s possible to do price adjustments based on promotions and sales and advertising strategies.
- The demand for a product or service is linked to cultural and social factors.
- Depending on the demand for a product or service, a company may set a price.
As for advertising, this is much more practical today thanks to tools like Google Ads and others. It is no longer necessary to depend on a company in the traditional mediabecause it is enough to just have internet, know how to define an advertising campaign and have the corresponding budget.
How to identify the needs of your potential customers?
There are many key points that you can take into account when describing the needs of a potential client who contacts you or your company. since knowing what are your short and long term goals, up to the budget you have to pay for your services. However, this is something very general and not always ideal.
The first thing to mention is that everything It will depend on the type of company, product or service that you are offering and want to sell. In any case, take into consideration the following key aspects considering that you have a photography and video company.
- Identify what kind of service or product the person is looking for.
Achieving this is, in theory, quite simple. There are many ways to get this information, from key questions in chat customer service, to having users fill out a form. However, you can make it a little fresher and more natural by filtering or profiling, that is, if the person comes to you looking for only professional photographs, you can do the following:
- Send him a message or voice note, that is not very long or extensive. Be direct and concise.
- The information can be such as: “A pleasure to serve you, I am (your name) and I am in charge of take studio-style portrait photography. Would you like a job of this type or something more natural?
With this simple message, some of the following possible scenarios can occur:
- Have the person tell you that they want one of the two options you provided.
- Being told that they want something more, but with an already defined idea.
This will allow you to rule out possibilities, since a photography service covers many styles and photos. After they answer this, you can start by explaining what your process is and the benefits that the person will obtain when hiring your servicesthat is, if you suit him as a photographer, since you not only offer digital content, but you also deliver printed photos, with personalization and in record time.
- Investigate the networks of the person who hires you
This is advice that applies mainly to a company that is just growing and still does not generate enough money to automate processes. The idea is simple, after a person contacts you, you must make a investigation of their profiles in social networks. That is, knowing who he is, where he comes from, what is his social status, his tastes and interests. Although it is not always possible, since not everyone has a public life on social networks and the internet, vital information can be obtained in their posts and the things they share.
For example, a sushi restaurant contacts you to take photos of its products for sale. If you check his profile on Instagram, chances are that you realize the quality of its content, as well as the type of work they have up to that moment. Based on this, you can offer various advertising packages that could improve . People like to be given solutions, and you should do that!
Creation of your buyer persona
All creation of a buyer persona it has to be linked to what we have mentioned, as well as to the theory that exists behind the pyramid of Maslow. So, the steps you must follow are the following:
- Investigation: It is the main step to execute, since the collection of data from a community or group of people that you want to focus on depends on it. In this first phase you know the needs and the desires of people collectively. You use the research through interviews, analysis of metrics in social networks, among other methods.
- Segmentation: Once you have collected all the information, it is time to segment your audience, that is, decide who you are going to address. For example, selling energy drinks has to be focused on a relatively young and fitness audience. The age of the people has to be between 20 and 35 years of age.
- ID: Here you have to identify what are the purchasing patterns and the behavior of your audience that you have segmented, all with the intention of knowing what sales strategy to implement.
- Creation: A buyer persona does not stand out for being something real, but rather something fictitious, but that is based on real data. In this phase you have to create your buyer persona with all the data and characteristics collected.
- Validation: After having a base, it is time to give it real support. In other words, you have already created your target audience in an ideal way, now it is a matter of taking it to something more real according to the data you have. The idea is that this is a faithful representation of your buyer persona base.
- Personalization: It is simply about personalizing your services and make it unique for each client or group with similar characteristics. For example, you have one way to address a fitness group, but you have another way and another tone for those looking for a web design service.
- Update: Just as applications and information are updated, just as you should do with your buyer persona. Such action can be used periodically, either every week, every month or from time to time. Everything will depend in principle on the behavior of the market to which you dedicate yourself, as well as the needs of the audience to which you dedicate yourself.
How to make your potential customers want to buy your products?
- know very well what are the needs of your target audience.
- Offer more than one solution.
- Offer a proposal that is customer value and feel that you are earning more than what you are paying.
- Focus on offering a good shopping experience.
- Fosters closeness between buyer and seller and answers all the doubts that the person has.
- Don’t lose contact with your customers.
This is a method used to connect with anyone on a word level. The idea is to choose the right words and in a specific order, in order to motivate a purchase or create a need that is not yet defined. The information that defines a good copy is that it is direct, concise and as clear as possible.
How to guide your potential customers from their need to purchase?
- The main thing is to be clear about what the person’s need is and understand how your product can serve them.
- Sample what is the intrinsic value that has what you offer.
- Focus on providing a pleasant shopping experience. A good salesperson knows how to guide the person and prevent him from feeling doubts or little understanding of what he is going to buy.
- Offer incentives, offers and promotions even if you don’t have it available at the moment. a simple gift By purchasing a product you can retain anyone.
Sales funnels and strategic marketing systems
This is an interesting topic, since a sales funnel helps us better understand what are the steps and processes that people use, from discovering a need, to making the sale. From here it begins to develop strategic systems focused on marketingall with the intention of having a precise number of real and effective buyers.