How cool would it be to change your hair color once a week without an ounce of damage? It’s amazing, right?
As I Am has created An innovative temporary colored curling gel in 13 vibrant, dreamy shades. From fiery Hot Red to calming Minty Mermaid and everything in between, our Curl Color lets you express your creativity and change your hair color with every wash.
We have created Curl Color with our #Curlbaes in mind, of course. Our curl enhancing color gel offers a medium hold with maximum color payoff.
All our products are made without gluten, without parabens, without silicone, without phthalates and without petrolatum. There is no mineral oil, DEA, bleach, lauryl sulfates, and no animal testing, making us cruelty-free and, specifically for our Curl Color Collection, vegan!
There are no scales or stiffness in sight. And the best of all? There is no need to bleach, developer, or damage your hair to achieve the desired results. Curl Color works on even the darkest hair colors.
ORn gel that improves hair hydration by 84% and strengthens it by 6% after just one application, unlike traditional temporary dyes or hair painting wax. This innovation is powered by a proprietary nanoemulsion of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Ceramides and Betaine to keep hair healthy and nourished.
ceramides – ceramides help create a barrier to prevent permeability. This locks moisture into your skin/hair, helping to prevent dryness and irritation. It can also help protect your epidermis from environmental damage.
Betaine – Betaine enhances shine by helping to maintain the integrity of the cuticle surface. As an osmolyte, it also possesses the ability to penetrate the scalp’s stratum corneum, where it can optimize moisture in skin cells and follicles, positively impacting scalp health and contributing to healthier hair.
How to use Curl Color:
- Clean hair with As I Am JBCO shampoo either Cowash.
- spray like me JBCO water liberally throughout the hair.
- Apply As Is Classic leave-in conditioner either JBCO leave-in conditioner before coloring.
- Towel dry hair before applying curl dye.
- Section hair and apply to damp hair from roots to ends. (Use a generous amount depending on the thickness of the hair.)
- For maximum intensity, apply the product until the color is visibly glossy and saturated in the hair (before blow-drying).
- Twist or rake the hair to achieve the desired style.
- Use a blow dryer hood or hand diffuser to completely dry your Curl Color application (to prevent color transfer).
- If air drying, allow hair to dry completely (to prevent color transfer).
Tips and tricks:
- Wear gloves to apply the color.
- For a subtle look, apply a finger to each strand or section of hair.
- For maximum color hold, consider wearing a cap at night to prevent potential transfer to your pillowcase or bedding.
Is Curl Color for straight hair types?
Yes. Any type of hair can use Curl Color, but please note that this product is a gel. The color/styler is best used to set a style in the form of curlers, perm bar sets, braids, twist outs, bantu knots, wash-n-gos, or simply as a color gel to slide a style back.
Can I iron or straighten my hair with this product?
No, this product is a gel, and unless you want to risk damaging your hair, this product is not suitable for heat.
How long does the color last?
The color is completely TEMPORARY. It will be removed the moment you decide to get in the shower or under any form of precipitation.
If my hair is chemically processed, dyed or bleached, can I use this product?
Anyone who is high color, bleached or chemically processed, we strongly suggest you do a strand test.
How can I prevent color transfer?
Like all temporary color, transfer is not completely preventable. What helps the most is the preparation of the hair, the drying time and the products that are used. Since the Curl Color is a gel itself, it is not necessary to mix another gel product with the Curl Color. Some formulas from other products/brands do not match each other and may cause more transfer or flaking.